The project’s concept is based on enhancing the implementation of the COMMISSION STAFF WORKING DOCUMENT called Good Practices to support the protection of public spaces through development of the integrated CBRN protection system for sports facilities, offering measures indicated in the document.
Those measures include:
- methodology and tools for vulnerability assessments; risks identification;
- development of security plan; training andjoint workshops of security staff with private and publics security agencies;
- recommendations for infrastructure improvement and equipment; procedures for prevention, detection, response and manage the consequences of CBRN attacks.
Moreover, the Safe Stadium project activities support two EU action plans:
- the EU action plan on improving the protection of public spaces and
- the EU Action Plan to enhance preparedness against chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear security risks.
The aims of these plans meet the project’s objectives in the areas of increasing cross-sectoral preparedness for a terrorist attack against public spaces, which include development of cross -border, cross- sectoral cooperation and coordination mechanisms for first responders in the immediate response to terrorist attacks, including trainings, exercises and exchange of best practice and lessons learned; and in particular increasing preparedness – in cooperation with law enforcement – of operators of confined public spaces against CBRN threats.
- Multi-level analysis of the preparedness and the needs of sports facilities in regard to CBRN threats: analysis of good practices; survey; study visits; risk identification. Report on sport facilities needs for CBRN protection.
- Elaboration of a system concept and technical specifications & IT platform.
- Elaboration of a comprehensive set of tools, templates, procedures, protocols to improve the measures to prevent, detect, respond and manage consequences of the CBRN incident: evacuation procedures; CBRN-MED; recovering of the facility.
- Analysis and recommendations to enhance the CBRN protection of sports facilities through improvement of infrastructure, ICT & equipment.
- Elaboration of training programme including eLearning courses with the use of VR technology: Curriculum; Trainer’s handbook; Trainee handbook; eLearning course.
- Preparation of infectious disease spreading models & elaboration of electronic tool dedicated for establishing the potential contamination zone: Electronic tool for epidemiological investigation.
- Training the group of trainers and experts for widespread implementation of the system: trainings (regular and eLearning), system piloting deployment; 2 large scale exercises.
- Comprehensive CBRN protection system for sport facilities in the final shape.